Monday, December 6, 2010

The Moody Blues with "For My Lady"

 I will have to repeatedly use the word "love" when I talk about the British rock band, the Moody Blues. I  love classic love songs and to me, "For My Lady" is one of the best classic love songs of our time. I really love this song for its tender lyrics and melody. The Moody Blues, formed in 1964, started out as an R&B (rhythm & blues) band playing mostly cover songs. I love the vocal and instrumental harmonies of the Moody Blues. They are somehow very seductive, mesmerizing to me. 

The romantic ballad, "For My Lady," is from the album Seventh Sojourn. It is also their first #1 album in the US. However, the band's reflections on making this album was not of fond memories. They had a hard time completing the album. Pain goes hand-in-hand with success for this band, after five years of enjoying their huge success with sold-out concerts across the globe, the band was going through a period of great tension between band members.

Although completing this album was a dreadful experience for the band members, the album was certified Gold in November 1972, the same month that it was released!
"Your Wildest Dreams," "Nights in White Satin," and "Tuesday Afternoon" are my three other very favorite songs from the Moody Blues.



To watch my YouTube upload of one of my most favorite songs from the Moody Blues, "For My Lady," click on the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHIazW3NWA

Note: If you like this posting, you're welcome to use it. Please be kind enough to credit  WhiteLibraTexas as the source.

4 comments:

  1. I understood at the time that this song was written in homage to planet earth and mother nature. She was the lady. Any 411 on that? Would love to know, as I love this song as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with my lady by the moody blues. I came upon the song you uploaded about 8 years ago, and has been my favorite ever since. It's more than the music, it's how you put the video together with your personal touches. You have a lot of talent, and more, you put your hear into it.

    ReplyDelete