Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Vietnamese Composer: Đức Huy





The oldest "teen" heartthrob of Vietnam music and entertainment has got to be this talented and hopelessly romantic songwriter/singer/actor Đức Huy. As I mentioned previously in one of my music uploads, Đức Huy is forever young and forever in love with love. His music can really validate my statement/point-of-view. In addition to writing his own music, Đức Huy has also recorded his own songs, as well as songs of other well-known songwriters, i.e.Trịnh Công Sơn, Nguyễn Trung Cang, Tuấn Khanh, Từ Công Phụng, etc.
Born as Đặng Đức Huy on June 10th, 1947, in Son Tay, Vietnam, Đức Huy started writing music in the mid 60's, with his first mega hit "Cơn Mưa Phùn," written in 1969, which brought him to stardom. His name and music have found a special niche in the hearts of many young lovers of his generation, my parents' generation and now, my generation. This special niche was, and still is, comparable to none. Đức Huy's contemporary music style is very fresh and youthful, a combination of romantic, seductive, sweet and tender. One thing that I really love about Đức Huy's music is that no matter how sad or melancholy the love stories in his songs might be, he would always give them (the lovers in his songs) a hope for a reunion, for a better tomorrow, for togetherness in the end.
If you want to see how Đức Huy  charms his audiences and brightens up a stage, you'll have to watch the Paris By Night DVD # 93, titled "Celebrity Dancing," covering a dance competition among the Vietnamese artists, where Đức Huy was one of the judges. My all-time favorite singer, Khánh Ly, was also participating, as one of the judges as well. These two judges were sitting next to each other and they tickled me to death with their great sense of humor and charming ways. 
I did need some help from my parents to explain some of their punch lines (which were rather a little difficult for me to comprehend); then I wanted to roll on the floor laughing after I finally understood what they were "throwing" at each other. They were just so hilarious. I really enjoyed watching this DVD with good music, beautiful dancing, and a fun-loving panel of judges. By the way, I paid $25 (plus tax, ahhh... Uncle Sam--he needs us as much as we need him, I guess!) for this DVD and it's worth every penny.  
A very well-loved, charming, and humble songwriter, Đức Huy was born to write love songs and I sure hope that he'll continue to write his beautiful music for as long as he walks the face of this earth.
"Il n'y a qu'un bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'être aimé.
There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."
That should describe the soul of this gifted songwriter perfectly. 
To watch my upload of one of Đức Huy's popular love songs on YouTube, "Người Tình Trăm Năm," performed by Ý Lan, click here:  http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=ageq1vhnVCA
To watch my upload of Đức Huy performing his own song, "Thoáng Mây Bay," click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFfqs-wPtyw

Note: If you like this posting, you're welcome to use it. Please be kind enough to credit  WhiteLibraTexas as the source.



No comments:

Post a Comment